Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Owl Softie (November 25, 2010)

I like owls.  I like little dolls.  I like creepy things.  Apparently, I used to make little dolls for my aunt out of pantyhose.  It probably wasn't even clean pantyhose.  But I digress.

I saw a design for an owl and Raccoon softie in an Aimee Ray book, and I took the basic outline and then went my own way with it.  Rules hurt my heart.  I didn't plan what I was going to do...I kind of made it up as I went along.  I was initially thinking of putting a big bug on the belly, but I ultimately decided that would be too much and that I would save the bugs for another project.  I've got lots of ideas for bugs.  Don't worry.













In retrospect, I could have added a little panel on the bottom so that he could stand on his own.  As it is, he has to lean against something.  Oh well....live and learn.  Or fall flat on your face for the rest of your life...like this poor little owl.

No comments:

Post a Comment