Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Jessica picks some soap colors (May 29, 2011)

SO my sister Jessica is staying with me for a few days, and I have been wanting to use a couple new FO's, so we made some soap.  She picked the colors.  She went with a perfectly respectable Emerald Mica and a Yellow Oxide.



I sort of hogged the mixing.... but I guess I didn't want to be blamed for her lying a toe off or something.  And by lying I mean "lye" not "lie."  Yes, I know how awesome I am.

Here's a 3 second video of me mixing lye and water!!!  Okay, 23 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9OG-rPMvq8

But she DID add the French Pink Clay at trace.  GOOD JOB, JESS.  The yellow looked fine, but the emerald mica....turned olive.  It was a little scary at first, but it grew on me.






OH and I used 1 ounce of BB's Energy FO.  Boy, do I love that smell.  It doesn't exactly go with the soap colors, but that's okay.  In my mind, Energy FO is more girly, and these colors would suit a more masculine smell.  I encouraged this soap to gel.  I put it in the oven preheated to 170 (then turned off).  I reheated it right before bed, and again the next morning.  I used a 20% water discount.  I like water discounts.

Here's a bunch of pictures of the soap's remaining journey.  A bunch because I don't feel like scrutinizing them to pick the 3 that look the best.  And really, who am I to rob you of picking your own favorites?











No comments:

Post a Comment