Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Cabbage Patch Kid Rescue Part 2 (November 10, 2010)

The fan-drying method worked just fine!  The cat was pissed, though.  My only complaint is that the fabric and yarn does not feel as soft as I think it should...almost too dry.  On their faces, I used a combination of Magic Eraser (but I avoided the paint) and Bon Ami with a toothbrush on the painted areas.  I have such an irrational fear of Magic Erasers, because WHAT MAKES THEM SO MAGICAL?  Seriously, those things can remove any stain from ANYTHING.  HOW????  I always wash my hands after I touch them.

Anyway, here are the CPKs all clean and dry.  The preemie is already hanging out upstairs in her preemie outfit.





Here are some face close-ups for comparison with the "Part 1" posts.







Next, I'm starting the hair.  I read that I need to trim all the yarn fuzzies with very sharp scissors.  I started with Jessica's because that looked the hardest.  Check out all this fuzziness.



Yay!  Anyway, the next (and last) post will be with everyone's hair complete and with everyone dressed.  The old, stained clothing is another problem...it's so old that you can hear the elastic break when you stretch anything.  Gah.  Hellloooo Etsy and eBay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment