Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Lavender roots. No, not the herb. (June 17, 2011)

Well.  I knew the white blonde hair would not last long.  I loved it during cold months.... as I love the look of white blonde hair & super pale skin.  Summer brings out freckles and redness, which makes the blonde look more trashy and dry than anything else.  So I decided to go with lavender!



Here are pics from the first round:





I achieved this using RAW hair dye from hot topic.  I mostly used Candy Pink, and mixed in a bit of Purple Punch.  Not a lot- maybe like 1/4 of the bottle of pink.  I also diluted the entire mixture with 1/2 cup of water.  The dye is hard to break up in the water.... if you REALLY want to be pro, mix it the day before and let it sit (covered) in the fridge overnight.  That helps break down the dye.

Of course, I didn't do that.  I don't have that kind of patience.  Hence the interesting different hues throughout.



YAY!  Okay, so a month later, I have some nasty roots going on.  I can't afford to keep going to the salon.... so I wanted to try bleaching my own roots.  I went to Sally Beauty Supply, and they recommended the following items:





I mixed it up, and applied to my roots as best I could!  Needless to say, I missed quite a few spots.



I was afraid to leave it on too long, so I washed it out after 30 minutes.  I could have gone 45 minutes, I think.

Anyhoo, I reapplied the purple, and got a darker shade this time!  I still love it, and it will fade with each washing....so it can only improve.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment