Monday, May 21, 2012

Bento egg *FAIL*


I have had these molds for years.  Because let's be honest- wouldn't you rather eat a hard boiled egg that was shaped like a bunny?  I thought so.




The deal is that you are supposed to hard boil eggs as normal.  But WHILE THEY ARE STILL HOT, peel them and then shove them in these molds.  AND THEN you put them in the fridge or an ice bath for 10 minutes.  Well.


They were hot, but I ran them under water until I could handle them with dying.  I have to ask, what makes some eggs peel so easily... and then others are like that scene in Poltergeist where the guy gouges his face off?  Anyway, peel them, then sit them in upright.


Submerge in ice bath.  Probably longer than the 3 minutes I waited.


And..... whaa, whaaa, whaaaaa.  


I blame several things.  First of all, my eggs were too small.  They didn't fill the mold.  Second of all, I think they probably need to stay in the mold in the fridge overnight or something.  Well, that's all I have, so I guess "several" was the wrong word.

I bought some Xtra Large eggs today.... I will try again soon.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment