Monday, August 15, 2011

Wheatish Bread, Take II

I did it!!  It happened!!!  And then I ripped the loaf all up getting it out of the pan.  Ah well.  They can't all be winners, can they?

Same Steve the Bread Guy recipe.  Well, sort of- I used 3 cups of white flour, and 3.5 c of whole wheat flour.  

I had my *game face* on this time.  No playing around.  Here's the pictures:

Let's start with the yeast scum:

All the white flour added:

The happy dough ball:

I should take this opportunity to admit that there is a fantastic satisfaction in slapping around and smacking this dough ball.  

After the 1st hour of rising:

The dough in the bread pan, ready to rise again (teehee):

Another hour later- headed into the oven:

Cooked!  And mangled by me!

So did it taste good?  YES!!!!  No weird yeast taste at all!  I'll just need to grease the pan better so the bread doesn't stick again.

By the way, I kept a mental track of actual "hands-on" time for making bread- only about 30 minutes.  If that.  Seriously!  All the time is just waiting... and you're not even thinking about it.  (I use the oven timer so I don't forget about it.)

If *I* can make it work... you can, too!  There's something to be said for knowing exactly what is in the bread you're eating.  

Also, too bad for you no-carb people.  Too, too bad.

BTW:  doesn't quite fit in the container.

No comments:

Post a Comment