Monday, August 15, 2011

AMAZING HOMEMADE BREAD

Wow!  So I turned my back on Steve the Bread Guy.  Sorry, Steve.  Nothing personal.  I had a bookmarked bread recipe on allrecipes.com, and set out making it.  Of course, I failed to read the bit about the recipe being make for a breadmaker, but that's generally how I roll.

Here's the linkie-link and the ingredients:

  • 1 1/8 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 1/4 c honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 1/2 cups bread flour
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast


My ingredient list is slightly modified since I read the comments.  ALWAYS read the comments.

I don't know why I feel compelled to show the yeast scum.  I think I just like getting to say yeast scum
The happy dough ball:
After the first rise (1hr):
I didn't take pictures, but I actually busted out the rolling pin.  I am pretty sure it was the first time in my entire life.  I rolled that shit out and then rolled it to fit the loaf pan:
So... it seems this pan is a little big for this loaf.  It didn't raise TOO much in an hour.... but once cooked (350 degrees for 35 minutes) it was DELICIOUS.

  
The whole loaf was gone in 2 days.  It's recipes like this that I wish I had nice recipe cards to write out and put in my recipe tin that I never use.




No comments:

Post a Comment